NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)
- Improves energy levels, mental clarity, and mood1,2
- Effective in reducing cravings and fatigue5
- Improves post-workout recovery9
- Better quality of sleep6,10,11,12
- More Effective DNA repair3,13,14,15
- Decreases skin damage16,17,18
- Potential weight loss19,20,21
- Improves heart function22,23,24
- Improves immune system25,26,27
Background & History
NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is a coenzyme found in all living cells that plays a crucial role in many biological processes, including energy production, DNA repair, and gene expression. NAD+ levels naturally decline with age, and this decline has been associated with a variety of age-related diseases and conditions. By increasing the levels of NAD+ in the body, this therapy has been shown to improve mitochondrial function, enhance cellular energy production, and boost DNA repair mechanisms. Currently, there are over 1,000 clinical trials investigating the role of NAD+ in preventing and treating disease.
Taking the Medication and Side Effects
NAD+ comes in a vial and is injected subcutaneously into a fatty layer of the skin such as the abdomen or back of the arm 1-3 times a week. Injecting NAD+ allows it to circulate into the bloodstream much faster and is a very effective way to administer the medication. NAD+ is very safe and well tolerated with minimal side effects. The most common side effect is irritation where the injection occurred and an anti-itch cream such as hydrocortisone will help to reduce irritation. A medication guide and pharmacy consultation will be provided upon receiving this medication.
- Improves and regulates mood1,3,10,11,12
- Improves sleep quality7,8,9
- Reduces fatigue and promotes natural energy production3,4,5,6
- Benefits cognitive performance4,11,12,22,23,24
- Promotes healthy skin and nails13,14,15
- Boosts metabolic function15,16,17
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases19,20
- Improves bone density and skeletal health26,27,28
Background & History
The benefits of B12 injections were discovered over 100 years ago when patients with pernicious anemia were greatly improving from taking the supplement. According to the Framingham Offspring Study, nearly 40% of people aged 26 to 83 have B12 levels that are “low normal” range. Low Vitamin B12 levels have been shown to cause neurological symptoms and fatigue. Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that our bodies do not produces and is vital to central nervous system function.
Taking the Medication and Side Effects
Vitamin B12 is an injectable solution that is delivered intramuscularly 1-2 times per week. This is the most effective way to receive vitamin B12 because it goes directly into the bloodstream instead of going through the digestive tract where it does not get absorbed as well. Vitamin B12 injections are very safe with minimal side effects. The most common side effect is injection site irritation which can be avoided by switching locations where the injections are administered and applying anti-itch cream like hydrocortisone if irritation occurs. A medication guide and pharmacy consultation will be provided upon receiving this medication.
Glutathione (GSH) Injections
- A very powerful antioxidant that reduces cellular degeneration from aging and stress1,2,3
- Improves energy and creates mental clarity and focus4,5,6
- Reduces free radical damage caused by degenerative diseases7,8,9
- Reduces chronic inflammation10,11,12
- Supports a strong and healthy immune system14,15
- Helps to remove toxins, protects cells and improves general health and wellbeing17,18
Background & History
Glutathione was originally discovered in 1888 and has been considered the “mother of all antioxidants” by many doctors. It is found naturally in our bodies, however, it is very limited and declines with stress and age. Exposure to pollution and bad lifestyle habits will accelerate the rate of decline of GSH the body produces. When GSH levels are low, people may experience neurological degenerations, pulmonary disease, and cardiovascular disease.
Taking the Medication and Side Effects
Glutathione is an injectable solution that is delivered subcutaneously 5x per week. This is the most effective way to receive GSH because it goes directly into a fatty layer of skin instead of going through the digestive tract where it does not get absorbed as well. It is safe to take both NAD+ and GSH injections at the same time. Glutathione injections are very safe with minimal side effects. The most common side effect is injection site irritation which can be avoided by switching locations where the injections are administered and applying anti-itch cream like hydrocortisone if irritation occurs. A medication guide and pharmacy consultation will be provided upon receiving this medication.
(1) NAD Supplements: Do They Help to Fight Aging? https://healthnews.com/longevity/longevity-supplements/nad-supplements-do-they-help-to-fight-aging/.
(2) NAD Supplement Benefits, Uses, Dosage and Side Effects https://draxe.com/nutrition/nad-supplement/.
(3) NAD+ and The Importance of DNA Repair | IV Revival. https://ivrevival.com/nad-importance-of-dna-repair/.
(4) Ranking the best NAD+ supplements of 2023 – Body Nutrition. https://bodynutrition.org/best-nad/.
(5) Sobriety and Satiety: Is NAD+ the Answer? https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32423100/.
(6) NAD+, Vitamin B12 and Better Sleep. https://medium.com/illumination/nad-vitamin-b12-and-sleep-29c1cdfebcdb.
(7) The Key Role of NAD+ in Anti-Tumor Immune Response: An Update. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2021.658263/full.
(8) Mice with Heart Failure Benefit from Increasing NAD+ Levels https://www.nmn.com/news/boosting-nad-levels-improves-heart-function-in-mice-with-heart-failure.
(9) Clinical Evidence for Targeting NAD Therapeutically https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7558103/.
(10) NAD+ & Sleep | Increased NAD+ levels for better sleep – https://eternumlabs.com.au/increased-nad-levels-better-sleep/.
(11) How NAD+ Impacts Your Sleep – Frank Lipman MD. https://drfranklipman.com/2022/06/03/how-nad-impacts-your-sleep/.
(12) Nicotinamide Riboside: Benefits, Side Effects and Dosage https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/nicotinamide-riboside.
(13) NAD+: The convergence of DNA repair and mitophagy. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15548627.2016.1257467.
(14) Extracellular NAD+ enhances PARP-dependent DNA repair capacity … https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-57506-9.
(15) NAD+ administration profoundly decreases UVC-induced skin damage by …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10195211/.
(16) The evolving role of the NAD+/nicotinamide metabolome in skin … https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24794404/.
(17) NAD+ administration profoundly decreases UVC-induced skin damage by …. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37216171/.
(18) NAD+helps weight loss without dieting. https://aging-matters.com/pill-helps-weight-loss-without-dieting/.
(19) How NAD+ Affects Body Weight and Overall Health. http://nadboosters.com/how-nad-affects-body-weight-and-overall-health/.
(20) How Increasing NAD+ May Protect Humans From Heart Failure –https://www.nmn.com/news/nad-may-protect-against-heart-failure-human.
(21) Therapeutic potential of NAD-boosting molecules: the. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6342515/.
(22) Targeting NAD+: is it a common strategy to delay heart aging?. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41420-022-01031-3.
(23) NAD+ metabolism, stemness, the immune response, and cancer | Signal …. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41392-020-00354-w.
(24) Study Shows NMN Enhances Activation of Cancer-Fighting Immune Cells. https://www.nmn.com/news/study-shows-nmn-enhances-cancer-preventing-immune-cell-activation.
(25) What is NAD+ Therapy? — http://www.nadplus.com/about-nadplus/2021/6/13/what-is-nad-therapy.
(26) Sobriety and Satiety: Is NAD+ the Answer? – National Center for …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7278809/.
(1) Vitamin B-12 – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-b12/art-20363663.
(2) B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772032/.
(3) Do B12 Injections Help With Fatigue? | The Aspen Clinic of Louisiana. https://theaspenclinic.com/do-b12-injections-help-with-fatigue/.
(4) Effects of Vitamin B12 Supplementation on Cognitive Function … – PubMed. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33809274/.
(5) Vitamins and Minerals for Energy, Fatigue and Cognition: A Narrative …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7019700/.
(6) 9 Health Benefits of Vitamin B12, Based on Science. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-b12-benefits.
(7) Sleep Quality Is Associated with Vitamin B12 Status in Female … – PubMed. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33922970/.
(8) Vitamin B12 and Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders: Patient Treatments vs …. https://clinmedjournals.org/articles/jsdm/journal-of-sleep-disorders-and-management-jsdm-5-027.php.
(9) Vitamins and Sleep: An Exploratory Study – PMC – National Center for …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2174691/.
(10) Vitamin B-12 and depression: Are they related? – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/expert-answers/vitamin-b12-and-depression/faq-20058077.
(11) Should You Take Vitamin B12 to Boost Mood? – US News Health. https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/2017-09-21/should-you-take-vitamin-b12-to-boost-mood.
(12) B12 and Depression: What’s the Connection? | Psych Central. https://psychcentral.com/depression/b12-and-depression.
(13) 7 Benefits of B12 Injections for Health, Energy and Beauty. https://invitacryonyc.com/benefits-b12-injections-health-energy-beauty/.
(14) Vitamin B12: Uses, Benefits, and Food Sources – Verywell Health. https://www.verywellhealth.com/vitamin-b12-5083479.
(15) Top 8 Vitamins and Nutrients for Healthy, Strong Nails. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamins-for-nails.
(16) Vitamin and Nutrient Injections – The Woodlands Instiute for Health and …. https://woodlandswellnessmd.com/vitamin-and-nutrient-injections/.
(17) 9 Health Benefits of Vitamin B12, Based on Science. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-b12-benefits.
(19) Vitamin B12 Injections: Good or Bad? – Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-b12-injections.
(20) Vitamin B12 shots: Uses, benefits, and side effects – Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318216.
(21) B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772032/.
(22) Effects of Vitamin B12 Supplementation on Cognitive Function …. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33809274/.
(23) Vitamin B12 and Cognitive Function – PMC – National Center for …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3874776/.
(24) Effects of Vitamin B12 Supplementation on Cognitive Function …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8000524/.
(25) Learn What Are the Benefits of a Vitamin B12 Injection? – Veda Medical. https://vedamedical.com/2020/10/12/what-are-the-benefits-of-a-vitamin-b12-injection/.
(26) Osteoporosis treatment: Medications can help – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteoporosis/in-depth/osteoporosis-treatment/art-20046869.
(27) Vitamin B12 Deficiency and Bone Health | NEJM. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr1407247.
(28) Vitamin B12 Deficiency and Bone Health | NEJM.
BioLINCC: Framingham Heart Study (FHS) Offspring (OS) and OMNI 1 Cohorts (nih.gov)
(1) The Role of Glutathione in Protecting against the Severe Inflammatory …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7402141/.
(2) Glutathione: a key player in autoimmunity – PubMed. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19393193/.
(3) A Review of Dietary (Phyto)Nutrients for Glutathione Support. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6770193/.
(4) Role of Glutathione in Cancer: From Mechanisms to Therapies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7600400/.
(5) Role of glutathione in repair of free radical damage in … – PubMed. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1504827/.
(6) Glutathione Benefits for Your Health and Body. https://www.healthline.com/health/glutathione-benefits.
(7) Glutathione Injections and Supplements Benefits | U.S. News. https://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/articles/glutathione-benefits.
(8) Benefits, Uses & Side Effects of Glutathione Injections. https://www.kolorshealthcare.com/blog/benefits-uses-side-effects-lutathione-injections/.
(9) Systemic Glutathione as a Skin-Whitening Agent in Adult. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7196133/.
(10) Glutathione: 14 Benefits of the Master Antioxidant Supplement — Core …. https://coremedscience.com/blogs/wellness/glutathione-3a-14-benefits-of-the-master-antioxidant-plus-diet-26-supplements.
(11) Glutathione Injections and Supplements Benefits | U.S. News. https://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/articles/glutathione-benefits.
(12) Glutathione Injection Benefits: Rejuvenate Your Body – Invigor Medical. https://www.invigormedical.com/lifestyle/glutathione-injection-benefits/.
(13) The Role of Glutathione in Protecting against the Severe Inflammatory …. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7402141/.
(14) Benefits, Uses & Side Effects of Glutathione Injections. https://www.kolorshealthcare.com/blog/benefits-uses-side-effects-glutathione-injections/.